Thursday was our US Consulate appointment. This is the last step needed to bring our girl home. We headed out in the bus early and made it without any issues. The Consulate room is sort of like a DMV complete with a play area in the back of the adoption section. An American welcomed us from behind the glass and had us take an oath. Basically, we promised that all the paperwork was true and we were all going home to the US to raise our children. I will admit that I had a few tears in my eyes, perhaps from knowing we were almost home or just thinking that our girl was going to be an American citizen in a few days.
 |
| Red White and Blue for my consulate day! |
Maddy made faces on the glass partition while Dad did the final steps of showing our passport and signing the last paper. Now, we're just waiting on the US Visa to come and we are outta here! (OK, outta mainland China, headed to HK).
 |
The path to citizenship never looked so cute.
|
Other adventures- trying Mexican food. "What?!" you may be asking yourself. Mexican food in China?! Yes, Mexican food in China. We joined some of our friends and headed for Mexican. To do so, we took the subway. I cannot explain the river of people. I've never seen anything like this- not even the London tube. No pictures of this as I couldn't even get my arms up to use the camera. Our group made it to the restaurant and the Mexican was good. And better yet- no one became ill!
 |
| Ni Hao or Hola? |
 |
| Our Chinese baby loves chicken enchiladas. |
 |
| Group of American families eating Mexican in China |
And one last adventure at the China Hotel in Guangzhou- swimming. Maddy does not likes bathes. We have resorted to showers because they are faster. But she is very interested in water- fountains, throwing water from water bottles, washing her hands. We have now learned, it's being clean that she doesn't like. Hmm.... I know another girl who feels the same way about water vs baths. And she's red and furry.
 |
| Dad guarding the pool |
 |
| Here Mom, you need to be wet too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment