Chris and I have a lot to learn about parenting two children. Unfortunately, poor time management let to poop-amageddon yesterday. I first dried Max and then was working on Maddy. In the meantime, Max began to poop on the floor. (Seriously, like 1 minute after setting him down.) Proud of myself, I thought I had it handled while Chris showered, moved the little guy, cleaned up and cleaned him. I had not turned around to answer a question for Maddy and all poop broke loose. I'm trying to grab Max and get him back to the shower, while shouting "Maddy, save yourself! Get on the bed!" I did not see the handful of poop which went firmly onto Daddy's back, who showered him off. This was noted when Chris got out of the shower and said " Is there something on my back?". Um…yeah. If you've ever seen Chris change a dirty diaper, multiply that face by 100 and that's what we had. And I was no help since my vision was blurred by the tears from laughing so hard.
To avoid things getting boring, Max decided to hit the mini-bar. While arguing with this big sister over a mini bottle of Jack Daniels- who was trying to do the right thing and take it from her brother- he bit her. Big chomp to the finger. Serious tears from Maddy followed by serious tears from Max who does not like being told no.
Scenes like this could be why we get extra towels. The poor housekeeper came to clean the room at one of several instances when I was holding both children who were crying. After laughing at me, she brought extra towels. And they've arrived every day since. We are a show. You can decide what kind of show. I have my own adjective.
The pictures below are happier times, which thankfully, predominate. Both of our children are overall happy kids, love hugs and while working on adjusting to each other, are doing ok with each other. (Most of the time) Maddy is a great big sister and Max even returned her toy to her this afternoon.
In our downtime, between our craziness,we have been to the pool a few times. Max is taking to the water really well. I'm pretty sure he's a future Olympian.
![]() |
| Lookin' good, buddy. |
| Just before he started his breast stroke. |
![]() |
| Go Royals! |
![]() |
| I couldn't help but think of my dad at the pearl market. Every one of those floors are whole sale jewels. Bargaining + jewelry= Ron's heaven. |
| Our nice group meal out. I think the wait staff was happy to see us leave. |



Just AWESOME on so many levels.
ReplyDelete