Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jolly Old St. Nicholas

St. Nicholas day in the Seglie household has always been a special day. Growing up my Mom loved this celebration and used it as a way to turn up the excitement for Christmas and remind us that St. Nicholas is really a recognized saint. Dad then goes through the history of St. Nicholas, the 4th century bishop. (Apparently, I did listen.)

Take away message: leave your shoes out and get goodies.

Since our shoes are quite a ways for Susie St. Nicholas to visit, the USPS delivered for her.  And a very special silver bell arrived- Maddy's first one. Because as my Mom says 'we believe'.

What do you mean 'no candy for breakfast'?

Ha! Got a piece. Mom's a sucker. 

What else did St. Nicholas bring me?

More candy!

Shaking this bell is fun! And loud!
Trying to get a cute picture for Nonnie...

...but I'll just shake this really hard instead. 


2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with candy for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Maddy & Annie looking up at you with 'the eyes.' And i love Maddy's bed head! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete